第一外語能力(First Foreign Language Qualification)
Before graduation, a student must satisfy the foreign language requirement in one of the following ways.
托福成績New Internet-based TOEFL達 79 分之證明。或托福成績Computer-based TOEFL達 210 分之證明。
Scoring 79 or above in the New Internet-based TOEFL exams, or scoring 210 or above in the Computer-based TOEFL exams, within the period starting from five years prior to the admission to PhD studies until graduation.
(2) 博士班入學之前五年內到博士畢業前通過「全民英語能力分級檢定測驗」(簡稱「全民英檢」)中高級測驗之初試及複試，成績達 80 分。
Passing the first and second stages of the upper-intermediate level of the General English Proficiency Test (GEPT) with a score of 80 or above, within the period starting from five years prior to the admission to PhD studies until graduation.
Scoring 6.0 or above in IELTS, within the period starting from five years prior to admission to PhD studies until graduation.
(4) 入學後修習以下英文課程達 6 學分，且成績均達 B+ 分。
- CS 5912 科技英文、CS 5913 學術英文寫作
Obtaining a minimum of six credits from the following courses, all with grades of B+ or above, after admission to the PhD program:
- “CS5912 Scientific and Technological English”, “CS5913 Academic Research Writing”.
- Courses offered by NTHU Language Center with prefix “LANG” which are designated as “Priority given to Graduate Students”, “Intermediate Level”, or “Advanced Level”.
- English courses approved by the department chair.
Possessing a degree certificate from a university in an English-speaking country which is recognized by the Ministry of Education ROC.